A wonderful ingredient for plump and healthy skin, Vitamin E, also known as Tocopherol in products, is an essential nutrient with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. You can find Vitamin E in all kinds of skincare products like serums, moisturisers, sunscreens, face oils, and more. Being fat-soluble, Vitamin E absorbs easily into the skin as it is stored in the sebaceous glands. This ingredient is very helpful at moisturising dry skin effectively. This nutrient not only supports your immune system and cell function but also improves skin health. Vitamin E works effectively to combat the damage of free radicals when the body metabolises food and toxins from the environment. Hence, it has anti-aging effects.
Benefits of Vitamin E in skincare
- Anti-inflammatory: Vitamin E is known to calm inflammation in the skin. It effectively improves the appearance of red patches, or hives on the skin and keeps dry patches deeply moisturised for long periods of time.
- Anti-aging: Vitamin E has powerful anti-aging effects. It fights free radical damage that naturally occurs as the metabolism digests food and other toxins in the body. UV rays also accelerate free radical damage and Vitamin E can have a protective effect against this trigger.
- Skin conditioning: Vitamin E is a thick emollient meaning that can keep the skin nourished for long periods of time. Dry skin types benefit the most from incorporating Vitamin E into their skincare. Vitamin E oil is among the thickest skin care oils out there and can be applied on dry patches on the skin to keep them moisturised throughout the day.
Vitamin E as a face oil
Our skin is the biggest organ in our body. What we put on your face gets absorbed into the bloodstream just like medication and food. This is why chemicals and toxins can be harmful in skin care. The less toxins you have in your skincare, the better. Enter: Vitamin E face-oil. Vitamin E is excellent as a face oil since it naturally dissolves in an oil-base and can be effectively delivered into the skin. Being anti-bacterial, this naturally potent oil can protect your skin from fungi bacteria, and other contaminants.
Vitamin E oil benefits the skin by healing and preventing acne, wrinkles, scars, and fine lines. Additionally, this oil is a great way to moisturise dry elbows, knees, feet, and lips, and can strengthen your nails. It is a common ingredient in lip scrubs since it gently and effectively helps nourish dry skin. Although this oil is deeply moisturising, it absorbs easily into the skin without leaving it greasy. It can also be used on our hair and scalp to increase both the volume and shine of your hair while combating hair loss and dandruff.
How to make the most of Vitamin E in skincare?
Here are three ways you can help Vitamin E absorb better into your skin.
- Use some kind of shea butter or omega-rich oil like jojoba or rosehip oil in your skincare products, such as a moisturiser under the oil. Since Vitamin E is fat-soluble, it will be transported into your skin through the essential fatty acids in these ingredients.
- Natural oils like Vitamin A (rosehip oil), and Vitamin C (orange oil) improve the absorption of Vitamin E into the skin. Our Ultra Skin Oil Vitamin E and rosehip oil maximises Vitamin E absorption since rosehip oil is rich in both omega 3 fatty acids and Vitamin A.
- Skin hydrators like glycerin improve the skin’s ability to absorb any product including Vitamin E oil on it. It’s recommended to prep your skin with a toner with skin hydrating properties before applying thicker products with Vitamin E.