Auravedic’s face oil collection takes the best Ayurvedic ingredients and adds them to a nourishing base oil to give you a powerful formula that can target a host of skin concerns: from aging skin to excess sebum. For those who wish to avoid harsh chemicals such as chemical preservatives and parabens, these cold-pressed face oils are your skin’s best friend. Curious about what goes into making a great face oil? Here’s more detail on how our face oils are crafted.
The first step is to select a carrier oil. Carrier oils are usually non-fragrant gentle plant oils that can be used in bigger quantities for the desired effect. These oils serve as the base within which more potent fragrant oils can be added in smaller quantities. They are key to an effective and rich face oil since they contribute majorly to the texture, feel, and application of the final product. Some prominent examples of carrier oils are jojoba oil, rosehip oil, camellia oil, sweet almond oil, avocado oil, and apricot oil.
Within the base oil, powerful essential oils are added to nourish your skin. These essential oils often need to be diluted so they can be effectively and safely delivered to the skin. Using a gentle carrier oil not only becomes a delivery system for such potent oils but carrier oils also further enrich the formula with their own nutrients. Some popular essential oils in face oils are sandalwood oil, geranium oil, tea tree oil, rosemary oil, and eucalyptus oil, among others.
One key feature of high-quality facial oils is the method using which these plant oils are extracted. Common extraction processes involve using heat and chemicals that can tamper with the nutritional content within the oils. This is why choosing cold-pressed face oils is your best bet. At Auravedic, we only make cold-pressed face oils for all skin concerns. The cold-pressed extraction method involves minimal to no heat during the process and tends to be without added chemicals, thereby keeping the source oils as nutrient-rich as they are naturally.
What makes our face oil collection stand out is the focus on traditional Ayurvedic formulations that have been loved for centuries. These formulations offer a slew of wonderful benefits for the skin. A few of these advantages include:
- Ayurvedic formulations work like an all-rounder oil for your skin: from fading hyperpigmentation to minimizing dark circles and giving your skin an inner glow.
- Being a blend of multiple different ingredients, these oils are suited for most skin types and concerns.
- Ayurvedic oils have a dual effect on the skin. They not only cleanse it but also nourish it from the inside out. They contain powerful vitamins like A, E, and C, in addition to being a rich source of antioxidants.
- These face oils help you maintain your skin complexion for much longer.
- These formulations are geared to help your skin get rid of impurities both internally and externally. Ayurvedic formulations contain natural anti-bacterial and antiviral ingredients that help your skin thrive.